Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Command line RSS reader - newsbeuter

Since I started to play around with RSS feeds I've been looking for various ways to access these types of feeds. As I have been putting an effort in trying to use the CLi more often, I decided to try a command line RSS reader on my Ubuntu 14.04 install. Newsbeuter seemed to be a popular choice for people so I decided to try.

On Ubuntu the install can be done via the repository

$ sudo apt-get install newsbeuter

Once installed I imported the data from my feedly account by downloading the OPML file under the section "organize" (for some reason)

After placing the file in the newsbeuter folder, I ran the command

$ newsbeuter -i /home/username/.newsbeuter/feedly.opml

...to load my URLs from Feedly. Now run the program

$ newsbeuter



No comments:

Post a Comment